Friday, May 6, 2011

Sacred Embers



Something that is very important to me is something I began after my brother David lost his battle with cancer. I have been an artist all of my life and fused glass was something I worked with for a long time. At the time of losing my brother I started my line called Sacred Embers. Beautiful remembrances created with dichroic fused glass and the ashes of your beloved person or pet.






Then I also began doing Sacred Embers with hair of living people when someone is going to be gone for some time or if someone doesn't have ashes but they have a lock of hair.






And another idea came to me later....using sand from a special trip to remember that event.






What it all boils down to is the circle of life. The amazing and wonderful things that brings with it and through all of this I have been given the opportunity to meet special people and hear stories of lives lived and lost.






I thank you to all that have found Sacred Embers.

No comments: